Good afternoon!
The past week has been crazy and I can’t believe it’s already Saturday. For us at the orphanage, the weekdays are nice because all the older kids are at school and it’s only a few toddlers and lotsa babies. The weekends are energy packed with all 30 of the kids running around. I feel like I’m a mom to all these kids already. I’ve rocked a baby to sleep every night since I’ve been here and I lOVE it! I must have the magical touch because as I write this Usain is in my lap and fell asleep (he’s a 3-year old, but looks like a 5-year old he’s so tall and built like a line-backer… he’s gonna grow up and make lots of money for Robin’s Nest one day playing in the NFL).
The part of Jake’s house that I’m teaching in is ALMOST finished! The room I’ll be teaching in is primed and the tile has been laid. I’ll hopefully be teaching by Monday. All the boys are so excited for me to be their teacher! I went down to their school this past week and gave them assessments so I could figure out where to start. Let’s just say with all of them by 1 I’m starting with letter recognition – they don’t their ABC’s…. It’ll be interesting, but I can’t wait.
I’ve been the designated “pod-mom” for 3 of the older girls, Evian, Sue, and Avalee. Evian and Sue are in grade school and Avalee is in pre-school. They are wonderful girls! Being a pod-mom means I’m pretty much their mom. So I help get them ready for school and help get them ready for bed even though they are fairly independent they still need some encouragement. The best part is I read them a bedtime story from the Bible and I go around and pray for each of them. After I pray each of them gives me the biggest hug and kiss and they always say “good-night.” It’s precious.
The pre-schoolers have gotten home from school, so that my cue to get back to the kiddies.
I’ll write again soon.
Saturday, October 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment