Some of you might have read this story on facebook already, but I thought I'd expand it for you anyways (I've also changed the boys name):
A few weeks ago I had to take one of my year 2 boys (about 6 years old), Felix, I teach out of P.E. to come to a Springboard lesson, which he came very willingly. Felix comes from an incredibly loving and supportive family (which is very rare amongst the children who come to Springboard) and his mom works in the school and is 8 months pregnant. Felix's mom had to pick him up early for one of her doctor's appointments, as his dad was at work and wouldn't be able to pick Felix up after school. Because his mom works at the school, I've come to get to know this family quite well and she's always been welcome to come and watch Felix's lessons. Se came to pick Felix up during his Springboard lesson to head to the doctor's appointment and he started crying because he didn't want to miss his lesson at Springboard. The next week, Felix's mom came in before school and handed me a card and daffodil from him. On the inside it reads, "Sorry i was so grumpy on Thursday. Love Felix" with some wonderful drawings of flowers and hearts and such. It was so wonderful to see how much Springboard makes an impact on the children in schools we teach in. I love what I do :)
Prayer: I'm now on term break, which means it's between Spring term and Summer term, and the schools get 2 weeks off. Please pray that all the children we teach at Springboard (well really all the children that attend school) have activities to attend or do that are safe and fun. This is really hard for families living in London, but incredibly crucial for children to have engaging activities that are safe in such a massive city.

No comments:
Post a Comment